Novice Shoot (October 20-21)Register for the Novice Shoots
- Participants MUST have a WiN card, wildlife certificate, a valid upland game bird licence, as well as a pheasant hunting licence. As this event is happening during regular pheasant hunting season, all normal hunting regulations will apply, including a two-bird limit and leaving one wing on for identification. https://www.albertarelm.com/
- If you are a first-time hunter, to get your licencing you must complete the Alberta Hunter Education Training Course.
- You do not need to own a shotgun to participate. Several sizes of shotguns will be available for use.
- Participants will have an opportunity to shoot at a pheasant and while we strive to ensure everyone takes home at least one bird, there are no guarantees. If you are fortunate enough to harvest a bird, mentors will provide instruction on how to appropriately clean the bird for transport. If it looks like the weather is going to be warm, we recommend that you bring a plastic bag and a small cooler to transport your bird home in.
- At the novice shoot, you will have the opportunity to purchase multiple raffle tickets, 50/50 tickets, and banquet tickets. All proceeds go to help offset the cost of the novice shoot and the festival.
- Prior to the novice shoots, we will send event information such as location as what to bring and what not to bring.