When: August 16, 2018
Time: 10 am – 4 pm
Where: Beaverhill Sporting Clays, 45 min east of Edmonton,
52309 Range Road 191
In this friendly sporting clays event, you are competing to see which four-person team shoots the most clay targets. The more targets you hit, the more points you get. The team with the most points wins. Simple and incredibly fun. New to shooting sports? Let us know and we can set you up with instruction and a shotgun for the course shoot.
What’s more, you can learn about hunting ducks and geese, shoot premium shotguns, and enjoy a wild game lunch!
Shotgun Demo Stations
Try various premium shotguns at our two Shotgun Demo Stations hosted by:
- Canadian Tire Wetaskiwin, Winchester, and Browning
- Beretta, Benelli, and Franchi
Thank you to Beaverhill Sporting Clays for donating the targets for the demo stations. This is a unique opportunity to shoot different brands and models of shotguns.
Waterfowl Hunting 101
Mark DesRoches (Ducks Unlimited Alberta) will have practical advice on decoy strategies, blind set up, and calling.
Bird Dog 101
Emily Lamb (Delta Waterfowl) and her hunting dog, Tony, will have tips and tricks on training a dog for waterfowl hunting.
The Nature Conservancy of Canada will have information about Alberta’s wetlands and what you can do to help conserve them.
Wild Game lunch
Hunter-harvested wild game is on the menu!
- $1,000/four-person team ($250 for individuals)
- 14 shooting stations
- 8 targets/person/station (shells and targets included)
- Wild game lunch
- 10 am – Check-in with coffee and muffins
- 10 - 11:45 am – Shotgun Demo Stations
- 11:45 am – BBQ lunch
- 12:30 pm – Course shoot
- 4 pm – Trophies and wrap-up
Help us bring the message of responsible use of wildlife and fish to Albertans.
- $1,000 lunch sponsor - SOLD
- $500 shooting station sponsor
- $300 check-in coffee and muffin sponsor
- $300 course shoot snack and water sponsor
Name: Susan Burrill, ACA
- Roughrider International
- Beaverhill Sporting Clays
- Canadian Tire Wetaskiwin
- Delta Waterfowl
- Ducks Unlimited
- Maverick Inspection Ltd.