Alberta Outdoor Adventure Guide - iPhone App
The update includes a new search option for hunters who want to find Conservation Sites that fall within a designated Wildlife Management Unit (WMU).
You will also find helpful tips and safety information related to hunting and ice fishing, and more feature creatures and Conservation Site getaways.
So get out there and plan your unique getaway with Alberta's hottest travel app. With information about more than 700 Conservation Sites, the app makes it easy to find an outdoor recreation getaway near you. Inside the free outdoor app, you will find amazing locations for:
- Hiking in Alberta
- Fishing in Alberta
- Hunting in Alberta
- Outdoor photography
- Outdoor family adventures
Get outside and explore Alberta for great outdoor adventures all year long>
Whether you like hunting, angling, nature photography, hiking, berry picking, birdwatching, or are just looking for an easy weekend getaway, the Guide brings you more than 700 uniquely wild Conservation Sites covering a quarter million acres across Alberta that you can access for free. Be the first:
- Know when we stock lakes
- Get Guide updates, including new tools and special features
- Receive the latest events and special offers
So…want to get the kids out of the house? Need some R&R beside a quiet lake? Or looking to bring dinner home from the field or stream rather than a grocery store? This app’s got you covered. Can’t get the app? Pick up our printed Guide.
- Property profiles and activities at more than 700 Conservation Sites across Alberta
- Search the Conservation Site database with only a few key letters
- Interactive driving directions
- Access database offline from anywhere
- Receive free notifications on site updates, fish stocking dates and other events
- Proximity search sites from your location via GPS locator
- Proximity search from city, town or Conservation Site
- Real-time local weather conditions
- Links to numerous conservation and outdoor recreation resources
- Colour photos, insider tips, send comments and more
Thank you to our partners
The Guide was made possible thanks to conservation partners like Ducks Unlimited Canada, Alberta Fish and Game Association and many more. Together, our partners have contributed over half the sites, making this the most comprehensive outdoor guide around. This Guide was also made possible through the support of our conservation partners and Corporate Partners in Conservation who aided in the securement of private land and the enhancement of public land for conservation and recreational opportunities. Several properties featured here have also been generously donated to Alberta Conservation Association by private landowners across Alberta, an enduring legacy for which generations of Albertans will be thankful.