Administrative Assistant – Full Time
Alberta Conservation Association – Rocky Mountain House
Alberta Conservation Association (ACA) is looking for a dynamic team player to fill the Administrative Assistant position in our Rocky Mountain House office. This individual has an eye for detail and an aptitude for organization. They would report directly to the Central Region Manager and provide support to field staff in Rocky Mountain House, Cochrane, and Red Deer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidates will thrive in a supportive team environment, but also be capable of operating with a high degree of independence. Experience with health and safety programs is an asset.
Their key role is to provide administrative support to the regional manager and operational staff. In particular, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Managing day to day office duties including, but are not limited to, answering calls, emails and other correspondence, shipping and receiving packages, managing office inventory, and stocking supplies.
- Updating, organizing, and maintaining numerous databases.
- Providing administrative support to managers and office staff.
- Organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences, training, tradeshows, and organizing required materials.
- Preparing agendas and recording meeting minutes.
- Onboarding office staff including health and safety, and policy training.
- Participating in the health and safety committee meetings as an office health and safety representative.
- Completing other office duties and responsibilities as required.
- Administrative Assistant Certificate preferred but not required
- 2 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence (supply drivers abstract before start date)
- Valid First Aid Class C certification with Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Detail oriented with invaluable organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, and strong customer service skills required for both internal and external customer relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated proficiency building and maintaining positive professional partnerships
- Must have computer knowledge and proficiency with various Microsoft programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Collaborative working style
- Health and Safety training and/or experience
Job Posting Closing Date: September 24, 2021, or until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.