Executive Assistant to the Vice President – Full Time
Alberta Conservation Association – Sherwood Park, AB
If you can pass a puck on ice like the Great One or “rain dimes” like Stock on the basketball court, then this is the position for you. Not only were these players great teammates, but they were leaders in their own roles—and the same is expected at Alberta Conservation Association (ACA). The executive assistant to the Vice President understands the job at hand and knows what is needed to win the game.
This rewarding position allows you to tackle new challenges and sharpen your skills every day. You will have many opportunities to work on a wide range of topics, and with a variety of talented people from across ACA’s operations.
Responsibilities And Requirements
As part of the Corporate Services team, your organizational and interpersonal skills will help you thrive in this fun, dynamic environment. Your go-getter mentality, adaptability, and professionalism will help support the Vice President in meeting the organization’s internal and external Business Development and Health and Safety objectives.
Your key role is to support the Vice President by fulfilling responsibilities within the Business Development Program:
- Maintaining calendar appointments
- Creating presentations
- Completing research
- Updating and maintaining files
- Arranging and preparing for both internal and external meetings
- Assisting with the organization of business development initiatives
- Tracking success measures and agreement objectives including deliverables and/or sponsorships relating to Business Development
With support from the Vice President, you will lead the Health and Safety Committee to ensure the organization’s Health and Safety Program meets all legislated and internal requirements:
- Maintaining daily administration of the Health and Safety Program
- Maintaining current knowledge of health and safety literature, regulations, and codes
- Arranging and preparing for meetings as required
- tracking and reporting incidents and statistics
- Ensuring all organization policies and procedures are current
- Performing annual internal health and safety audits, and coordinating external audits
- Developing and monitoring budgets
- Providing health and safety training, support, and information as requested by staff
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an Executive Assistant or related position
- Valid First Aid Class C certification with Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency with various Microsoft programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Detail oriented with invaluable organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative working style
Additional Skills Considered Assets
- Keen interest, training, or experience in Health and Safety
- Knowledge of Acrobat and Adobe LiveCycle Designer
- A relevant office or business administration post-secondary program
- Hunting/angling background
Job Posting Closing Date: April 3rd or until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.