Intermediate/Senior Biologist (Full Time)
Alberta Conservation Association (ACA) is seeking a highly motivated individual with keen interests in conservation and sustainable use of aquatic resources to join our Fisheries Program. This is a full-time position based out of our Northeast Regional Office in Sherwood Park.
Focal areas under our Fisheries Program include population assessment, sport fishery evaluation, recreational fish stocking, lake aeration, water quality monitoring, fisheries and fish habitat restoration and enhancement, invasive species monitoring, implementation of species recovery and management plans, and applied research geared to answering questions relevant to conservation and management policies.
Successful candidates will thrive in a supportive team environment, but also be capable of operating with a high degree of independence. You will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of one or more projects in your area of expertise, managing budgets, report writing, staff supervision and mentoring, and meeting deadlines. You will assist with the development and implementation of the broader ACA Fisheries Program through review and input to the development of various fisheries projects, identification of emerging fisheries conservation issues, interaction with stakeholders, securing partner funding, and communication with the broader conservation community. Your work will also include collaboration on projects in other ACA program areas (i.e., Wildlife and Land Management) when opportunities arise.
This role will require periodic work during non-traditional office hours including weekends and holidays, as well as occasional work in field camps, and travel throughout Alberta.
- Minimum: B.Sc. in Aquatic Biology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong data management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform in a variety of field conditions.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Ability to mentor and train other staff.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Closing Date: August 30, 2019
Location: Northeast Region – Sherwood Park
COVER LETTER & RESUME SUBMISSIONApply for F2019-005 - Intermediate/Senior Biologist
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. This competition may be used to fill other vacancies in other locations.