Alberta Conservation Association (ACA), a non-profit registered charity, is seeking a Public-at-Large Director to serve on ACA’s Board of Directors (the Board) from Central Alberta.
Are you passionate about conservation? Do you enjoy connecting people to the outdoors? Are you interested in ensuring a hunting and fishing legacy for Albertans? If so, this is your opportunity to make a difference.
The Public-at-Large Director is appointed for an initial term of up to three years, with a maximum of two consecutive terms. The following requirements must be met to be considered for this position:
- Reside in the region of representation (Central).
- Hold Canadian citizenship or prove legal residency.
- Possess a WIN Card or Treaty Card.
- Display the potential to expand on capabilities beyond the Board.
- Confirm that you are in an unaffiliated* position.
- Be aware of conservation issues in your respective region.
- Authorize ACA to request and review any criminal violations and record/violations under the Wildlife/Fisheries Act.
*Unaffiliated is defined as:
- PAL Director must not hold a paid or contracted relationship with a Member Organization.
- PAL Director must not hold an elected or appointed position with a Member Organization.
- Candidate must be unaffiliated at time of nomination.
Selection Process: A Board Committee reviews all applications, selects candidates for interviews, and makes final recommendations to the Board.
The successful candidate will be announced at the December 2021 Board meeting.
Application deadline is August 6, 2021 at midnight.
Candidates must complete a Conservation resumé, a Screening of Directors and Senior Staff form, and Application form.
Please direct all questions to:
Todd Zimmerling, ACA President and CEO
Phone: 780-410-1990 or toll-free within Alberta: 1-877-969-9091