Make your own Origami jumping frog!
Instructions and diagrams are from the following website: http://www.froggyville.com/origami.htm
1. Start with a square piece of paper no smaller than 8.5” x 8.5”. Fold it so that the creases match the diagram below.
2. Start to push on points C and D, at the same time folding the top edge of the paper down until it meets the bottom edge of the paper. You want your completed fold to end up as a triangle.
3. Take the paper at point A (which is only the top layer of the paper) and fold along the dotted line so that point A meets point B. Do the same thing on the other corner (remember to fold the top layer only). You should have something that resembles the third diagram below.
4. Next, fold along the dotted line in diagram A, so that your paper looks like the diagram B. Do exactly the same for the other side, so that your paper now matches diagram C.
5. Now fold the top corner, marked E, outwards so it looks like this:
6. Do the same on the left side so your paper looks like the diagram below.
7. Turn your piece of paper over so the other side now faces you like diagram A. Next fold along the diagonal crease in diagram B (do the same thing on the left side – diagram C) so it looks like diagram D.
8. Now fold it outwards along the gray line in diagram A, so that your right side looks like diagram B. Do the same thing on the left side so it resembles diagram C.
9. Fold your frog in half along the dotted line like the diagram below.
10.Turn your frog over so that the other side is facing you (diagram A). Now fold what are going to be the frog’s legs down along dotted line (Diagram B).
Congratulations, your frog is complete! To make your frog jump, lay it on a flat surface like a table, and push down near the end of it, where the X is marked on the diagram below.