Fort Saskatchewan Kids Can Catch
When: Saturday, June 8, 2019
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Where: Fort Lions Community Fish Pond, 1875 River Valley Drive, Fort Saskatchewan
Parking: West River's Edge
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please register ALL those planning to attend - adults included. Register one name at a time and ensure that the correct event is selected per person. All registrants will receive a confirmation email once registered.
Alberta Conservation Association and presenting sponsors, Dow and Cabela's, invite you and your friends and family to learn to fish. New to fishing? This event is for you. Fishing mentors are pond-side to teach you the basics, from setting up your rod to casting, reeling and safe fish handling.
- Learn how to set up your fishing rod with help from Cabela's and conservation volunteers.
- Dig for worms for your hook with Walleye Master.
- Take in fly fishing demos with Superfly.
- Discover what lives in and around the pond with Fort Saskatchewan Naturalists.
- Learn about casting floats and flies with Northern Lights Fly Fishers.
- Learn how to be safe around water with the Lifesaving Society.
- Celebrate River Day with River Valley Alliance.
- Enjoy hot dogs and refreshments at the Dow BBQ.
- Fun giveaways for young anglers.
Don't forget your fishing rod. Last year hundreds of families came out to the event and we expect a similar turn out this year. We have a limited number of loaner rods for families to borrow – thank you AltaLink, Dow, and Cabela’s.
Alberta Sportfishing Regulations apply to this event. Residents of Alberta who are under 16 and over 65 years old do not need a licence to fish. Adult residents of Alberta need a licence to fish. Adults accompanying children (under 16) do not need a licence as long as they are not fishing. Visit mywildalberta.com for more information.
Name: Alberta Conservation Association
Dow - Cabela's Canada Outdoor Fund - AltaLink - Fort Saskatchewan Lions Club - Fort Saskatchewan Fish and Game - Len Thompson lures - Northern Lights Fly Fishers - River Valley Alliance - Fort Saskatchewan Naturalist Society - Alberta Lifesaving Society - Superfly - Walleye Master