Fort Saskatchewan Kids Can Catch
This event draws a crowd every year regardless of the weather. Thank you to all 540 people who came out before we shut it down two hours early due to thunderstorms.
A very special thank you to our presenting sponsors Dow and Cabela’s Canada Outdoor Fund, and to all the volunteers from the many organizations who came out. Thank you:
- Dow volunteers for welcoming anglers at the registration tent, hosting a tasty BBQ, and prepping fishing rods for families to borrow.
- Cabela’s Edmonton north store for rigging fishing rods in advance, handing out loaner fishing rods, and mentoring anglers around the pond.
- Walleye Master for worms, always a hit with kids.
- Backroad Mapbooks for the string packs—the kids loved ‘em.
- Alberta Environment and Parks for bringing the message of Clean Drain Dry to help prevent the spread of invasive species and whirling disease.
- Fish and Wildlife officers for meeting with anglers around the pond.
- Edmonton Trout Fishing Club for mentoring anglers on the fantastic new dock.
- Northern Light Fly Fishers for sharing flies and fishing tips.
- Superfly for the fly fishing demos and instruction.
- Alberta Lifesaving Society for bringing the message of safety around water.
- Fort Lions Club for the new dock and being the event’s parking marshals.
- Fort Saskatchewan Naturalists for introducing families to what lives in and around the pond.
- River Valley Alliance and City of Fort Saskatchewan for celebrating River Day at Kids Can Catch.
- Cabela’s Canada Outdoor Fund for supporting getting families out fishing.
Name: Sheila Campbell, ACA
Dow - Cabela's Canada Outdoor Fund - AltaLink - Backroad Mapbooks - Fort Saskatchewan Lions Club - Fort Saskatchewan Fish and Game - Len Thompson lures - Northern Lights Fly Fishers - River Valley Alliance - Fort Saskatchewan Naturalist Society - Alberta Lifesaving Society - Superfly - Walleye Master