Hinton Kids Can Catch - a Growing Great Kids event
When: Saturday, July 6, 2019
Time: 11 am - 3 pm
Where: Kelly’s Bathtub, Switzer Park Visitor Centre, William A Switzer Provincial Park
Access: From the Town of Hinton head west on Highway 16 for 7.8 km. Turn north (right) onto Highway 40 North, signs for Grande Cache/Grande Prairie. Travel 19.9 km and your destination is on the left with marked signs.
Parking: Kelly's Bathtub Day Use Area
The Hinton Growing Great Kids Coalition and partners invite families for a fun fishing and outdoor activity day at Kelly’s Bathtub in William A. Switzer Provincial Park. Fishing mentors will be lakeside to teach the basics, from setting up your rod to casting, reeling and safe fish handling.
- Bring your own fishing rod.
- Fishing rods available to borrow.
- Fishing mentors on hand to help new anglers.
- Information available on fishing, conservation, and water safety.
- Good Dog Food Vending open with food and beverages for sale at discounted prices.
- Pond Dip Education Session - discover what lives in and around the water
- Giveaways for young anglers, while supplies last.
The William A Switzer Park Visitor Centre is open to public during the event. Check out the great family adventure activitieshttps://www.albertaparks.ca/parks/central/william-a-switzer-pp/information-facilities/park-contacts/switzer-park-visitor-centre/.
This event is on one of Alberta's Family Fishing Weekends when anyone can give fishing a try without having to buy a licence. Alberta Sportfishing Regulations still apply. Visit mywildalberta.com for more information.
Hinton Growing Great Kids Coalition - Town of Hinton