Lesser Slave Watershed Council &
Joussard Family Ice Fishing
There’s never a better time for Kids Can Catch than Alberta’s Family Fishing Weekend. Join the Lesser Slave Lake Watershed Council and the Joussard Community Association on Saturday, February 28 to give ice fishing a try!
Date: February 18, 2023
Time: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Place: Lesser Slave Lake, Joussard Community Hall, Hamlet of Joussard
Driving Directions: Enter the Hamlet of Joussard, turn left at Jerry’s store (first left), then follow the signs to the hall (which will be just after Jerry’s store) on the left.
This event is FREE to attend, we have fishing equipment available to borrow, and it's free fishing weekend in Alberta, so no licences are required. Meet our special guest Michael Short of "Lets Go Outdoors."
- 11 a.m.: Free Brunch by Big Lakes County FCSS
- Sign out and borrow Ice fishing rods
- Ice Safety and Fish Handling Demonstration (Tammy Kaleta)
- Ice Fishing on the lake with experts and volunteers
- 1-4 p.m.: activities in the hall if you get cold
- 4 p.m.: Return equipment to the LSWC, tobogganing at Mission Hill
- Dinner by the Joussard Community Association & door prize draws
- 6 p.m.: Finale Fireworks show by the JCA!
Name: Alyssa Belanger-Haig, Lesser Slave Lake Watershed Council
- Alberta Conservation Association
- Big Lakes County FCSS
- Children’s Resource Council
- Joussard Community Association
- Lesser Slave Forest Education Society
- Lesser Slave Watershed Council
- Pinto Ice Shack Rentals