Don’t miss out on news and updates about the Taber Pheasant Festival. Subscribe to our newsletter today!Sign-Up Today
Regular Pheasant Hunt
October 17–22, 2022
Draw registration: June 1–15, 2022 (noon)Register Online
- Draw results will be posted on Wednesday, June 22.
- Prior to registering in the regular hunt draw, you will need to know and list who will be in your hunting party and which days (and time of day) you wish/hope to hunt.
- Up to four hunters are allowed in each hunting party for a drawn site.
- All hunters require a WIN card, wildlife certificate, valid game bird licence, and pheasant licence to hunt in the festival. For more information visit: www.albertarelm.com.
- You can select a maximum of three time slots when you register online for the draw. The time slots must be on different days (you cannot hunt in the morning and the afternoon on the same day).
- Only successfully drawn hunters and their hunting party may participate in the regular hunts.
- If successfully drawn, you will receive email notification of your draw results. It is very important that you confirm and accept the dates soon after receiving your email, otherwise you risk losing your spot(s) as any unconfirmed spots will be given to other hunting parties. Please read your email carefully as you may not have been drawn for all the days you registered for. Please note, our emails could be redirected, check your email's spam or junk folders regularly for messages from Alberta Conservation Association.
General registration begins on Sunday, October 16. Hunters are asked to register no earlier than 2 days prior to their first hunt. For example, if your hunts are on Wednesday, please register on Monday–not Sunday.
You must pick up your hunting location information, Pheasant Festival permission slip(s), and hunter information package in person at the Taber Pheasant Festival Office during the festival week. No information about the sites is given out prior to the event.
NEW Registration Office Procedure
Upon arrival, you will be given a number and asked to remain in your vehicle to fill out the initial paperwork. When your number is called, only one person from your group will be allowed to enter the registration office to receive your hunter registration package.
We are limiting the number of people entering the registration office at any one time. All people entering the office must wear a mask if this is part of the provincial regulations at the time.
You must confirm the names of your hunting partners and all vehicles (make/model/colour) that will be on the hunting sites when you pick up your permission slip(s).
Hunting on the festival’s release sites is free. However, they are private properties (provided by local landowners). You must have permission (in the form of your permission slip) to enter your drawn site. Without the slip, you are trespassing.
No site transfers are allowed. That means you cannot pass a site to your unregistered friend if you can't attend. Please see cancellation information below.
Should you decide to change your plans to attend the festival, inform us as soon as possible. Please contact Laura Volkman at email@example.com or phone 780-695-3462.
Keeping the draw system fair for all hunters
Hunters will be banned from all future events for:
- Trying to "game the system" (for example, by registering multiple email addresses).
- Hunting more than once per day and more than three times per week. You and your hunting partners are free to all register for the draw. However, should more than one person in your group be drawn, it will be your responsibility to make sure you do not participate in more than three hunts during the week and that you do not hunt more than once per day. That may mean declining hunting times. Hunt times can be cancelled by contacting Laura Volkman at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-695-3462.
- Failing to show up for their hunting time. You must let us know if you cannot make your hunting time. There are many people eager for a chance to hunt, so please be courteous and let us know as soon you know you cannot make your assigned hunt time. Hunt times can be cancelled by contacting Laura Volkman at email@example.com or phone 780-695-3462.
- If you are found to be disrespecting staff, landowners, and volunteers running the event, or disrespecting private property such as leaving garbage, acting unsafe, cleaning birds and dumping carcasses, etc. you will be banned from attending any future festivals.