Through ACA’s Wildlife Program, we work to enhance wildlife and their habitat. The partner-driven program’s projects include teaming up with ranches and farms to trial different approaches that balance wildlife habitat with working operations, working with volunteers who provide location sightings of snakes and amphibians, and partnering with stakeholders to restore water quality by improving wildlife habitat along the shores of waterbodies.
Our experience has shown us that we accomplish most of what we do because of our partners. Our wolverine and furbearer study initiatives would not work without vital input from Alberta’s trappers and the MULTISAR project is successful in large part due to buy-in from the ranching community. ACA’s partnerships make the majority of our wildlife work possible.
Please see the projects we are currently working on in our Annual Operating Plan.
- Pronghorn Road Crossing Enhancement (Pronghorn Xing)
- Ridge Reservoir Habitat Project
- Species Habitat Assessments and Ranching Partnerships (SHARP)
- Taber Pheasant Festival
- Turkey Distribution and Trends
- Upland Gamebird Studies – Upland Gamebird Productivity Surveys
- Waterfowl Crop Damage Prevention Program