Revenue Sources 2016/17
- Received $14,570,386 from levies on hunting and fishing licences.
- Received $6.5 million in non-levy revenue.
- Applied $15,220,486 in value directly towards the conservation of Alberta’s wildlife, fish, and habitats.
- Administration costs kept to 9.94% of total expenditures.
- Current year surplus is $1,873,025 (11.10% of budgeted revenue), of which $518,412 are gains generated within our long-term investment accounts (not in management control). The remainder was budgeted for land purchases through the Habitat Securement Fund ($600,000) leaving an operational surplus in management control of $754,613, which is 4.5% of budgeted revenue.
We encourage you to review the entire annual report for a greater understanding of the conservation projects undertaken within each program and how they may relate to your particular interests. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our President and CEO, Todd Zimmerling.