To report suspected poaching, or serious public land abuse, call the toll-free Report A Poacher line at 1-800-642-3800 or visit alberta.ca/report-poacher. Both the line and webpage can also be used for emergencies involving wildlife.
Poachers are brought to justice because of people like you. If you see anything suspicious—pick up the phone or contact us online. Taking calls 24/7, literally, Report A Poacher lets outstanding Albertans alert Fish & Wildlife Officers to suspicious or illegal activity, hopefully leading to investigations and convictions. You can remain anonymous and if your call leads to a charge, you will receive a reward.
This last year:
- 14,894 calls from the public to the RAP toll-free hotline
- 3,097 of those calls were about suspected illegal activity
- 806 charges were laid based on RAP related call and information
- Approximately $108,600 in rewards paid to individuals whose call and information led to charges
- 9,133 total enforcement actions taken by fish and wildlife officers (includes charges and written warnings under various legislation)
Ken Kranrod, Vice President
Alberta Conservation Association