ACA Grant Programs
Funded by the province’s hunters and anglers, Alberta Conservation Association's (ACA) grant programs annually support projects that benefit Alberta’s wildlife and fish populations, and the habitat they depend on. Since 2002 we have received more than 1,700 applications, of which more than 1078 projects awarded grants. To date, approximately $16.7 million has been granted to conservation-related projects throughout the province.
- ACA Funding Allocation List 2017-18
- ACA Grants Interim Report 2017-18
- ACA Grants Final Report 2017-18
Application deadlines are listed below:
ACA Conservation, Community and Education Grants: Applications will next be accepted from January 1st until January 25th, 2018.
This grant funds hunter, trapper and angler retention, recruitment and/or conservation education in Alberta and non-research related activities that conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife and their habitat.
ACA Research Grants: Applications will next be accepted from November 1st until December 1st, 2017.
This grant funds high quality research projects carried out by professional researchers, which inform the effective management of wildlife, fish populations and habitat in Alberta.
This grant is dedicated to graduate students and is administered by the University of Alberta. This grant is supported by Syncrude Canada Ltd.
Which grant should I apply for?
The following questions will assist you in determining the appropriate grant to apply for:
- Are you proposing to do conservation-based research in Alberta?
Yes – go to Question 3
No – go to Question 2
- Is your proposal related to hunter, trapper or angler retention and recruitment and/or conservation education in Alberta? Or does your proposal contain non-research activities that help conserve, protect and/or enhance fish, wildlife and/or habitat for all Albertans to enjoy, value and use?
Yes – apply to ACA Conservation, Community and Education Grants
No – your proposal might not be eligible; check with the ACA Grants Administrator if you're not sure
- Is the applicant a graduate student?
Yes – apply to the ACA Grants in Biodiversity
No – all other qualified applicants apply to the ACA Research Grants
For more information or if you experience technical difficulties in downloading forms, please contact:
Amy MacKinven, Grants Project Administrator
Alberta Conservation Association
Toll free: 1-877-722-4323