When: Sunday, July 3, 2022
Time: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Where: Nose Creek Pond
Parking: Nose Creek Regional Park
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please register ALL those planning to attend - adults included. Register one name at a time and ensure that the correct event is selected per person. All registrants will receive a confirmation email once registered.
The City of Airdrie is pleased to partner with Alberta Conservation Association (ACA) in hosting the inaugural Kids Can Catch event this summer. Offering kids a chance to put down the remote and pick up a rod, and reconnect with nature, this free event welcomes anglers of all ages to come together to learn, experience, and celebrate Alberta’s Family Fishing Weekend in Airdrie.
Meet special guests and learn firsthand from the expert angler Wes David, host and producer of Fishing the Wild West TV.
11 a.m. & 1 p.m.: Get Hooked! Local fishing Tips, Tricks, & locations
The seminar will be based on the basics of fishing local fish species such as northern pike and rainbow trout. The seminar will be kid-friendly and help teach parents and guardians who may not be experienced with fishing where to and how to take their kids fishing in the local Airdrie area.
* Fishing the Wild West TV will be filming on site.
What else to expect on site:
- Don't forget your fishing rod if you have one. If you don’t, we have some to borrow!
- Please note: This event will be filmed and photographed.
- Get casting, reeling, and safe fish handling tips from community volunteers.
- Food will be available by donation to the Airdrie 1st Scouts, DIY picnic’s are welcome.
- Dig for worms, bring home your own bag of maggots, smelts, or leeches with bait experts.
- Learn about fish conservation with environmental experts, and Alberta Conservation Association.
- Learn about fly casing lessons and enjoy a fly-tying demo with Bow River Fly Fishing.
- Gone Fishin’ family photo booth courtesy of Braces Plus Orthodontics.
- Minnows landing, offering games, and activities for the tots hosted by Boys & Girls Club Airdrie (BGCA).
- Hooked on fishing? Kids aged 10-15 can win a spot with the Fishing Mondays club offered by BGCA during the month of July.
- Swag bags available while quantities last courtesy of ACA, Big Chief Jerky, Braces Plus Orthodontics and more.
Alberta Sportfishing Regulations apply to this event. Residents of Alberta who are under 16 and over 65 years old do not need a licence to fish. Adult residents of Alberta need a licence to fish. Adults accompanying children (under 16) do not need a licence as long as they are not fishing. Visit mywildalberta.com for more information.
Fishing The Wild West TV - ATCO - Big Chief Jerky - Bow River Fly Fishing - Boys and Girls Club - Braces Plus Orthodontics