What is Kids Can Catch?
Each year, multiple Kids Can Catch events are held across the province. Volunteers are on-hand to help teach new anglers the proper ways to bait a hook, where to drop a line, and what to do once a fish has been caught.
- Kids Can Catch - Airdrie (Jul 3, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Beaumont (Jun 25, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Castor (Jul 3, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Chaparral (Jul 16, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Coronation (Jul 3, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Fort Saskatchewan (Jun 5, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Gibbons (Jul 9, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Hinton (Jul 2, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Lacombe (Jun 4, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Lamont (Jun 25, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Lesser Slave Lake (Feb 20, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Lethbridge (Jul 16, 2022 - CANCELLED)
- Kids Can Catch - Onoway (Mar 5, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Pigeon Lake (Feb 20, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Sylvan Lake (Feb 19-21, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Taber (Jun 18, 2022)
- Kids Can Catch - Wabamun Lake (CANCELLED)
- Kids Can Catch - Yellowhead County (Jul 7, 2022)
How can I participate?
We list all upcoming events across the province. Click on the event listing you are interested in to register (some are drop-in events). Check back regularly and follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updated event listings.
Host a Kids Can Catch event in your community!
Kids Can Catch is a province-wide program in which ACA teams up with community and corporate partners. The events are meant to promote proper care of fish, as well as family fun. ACA has a Tackle Box of tools and resources to help you plan and promote your event. Contact Ken Kranrod at 780-410-1989 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Become an Event Sponsor
Interested in helping make Kids Can Catch a success in the communities where you do business? There are many ways to get involved from employee volunteering to sponsorship. Contact Ken Kranrod at 780-410-1989 or email@example.com.
Special thank you to Dow Canada.
“Dow supports the Kids Can Catch Program because it is part of our on-going commitment to sustainability,” said Jess MacDonald, Dow Canada Site Public Affairs Manager. “Two of Dow’s 2025 Sustainability Goals are Valuing Nature and Engaging for Impact in our Communities. Kids Can Catch helps us achieve these goals. Each year Dow employees volunteer at the Fort Saskatchewan and Lacombe events and are proud to be promoting conservation in communities where we all work, live, and play.”
Thank you to Dow and all event organizers, partners, and volunteers for helping kids and their families get out fishing.