What is Kids Can Catch?
Each year, multiple Kids Can Catch events are held across the province. Volunteers are on-hand to help teach new anglers the proper ways to bait a hook, where to drop a line, and what to do once a fish has been caught.
How can I participate?
We list all upcoming events across the province. Click on the event listing you are interested in to register (some are drop-in events). Check back regularly and follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updated event listings.
- Lamont Kids Can Catch (June 22, 2019)
- Yellowhead County Kids Can Catch (July 4, 2019)
- County of Grande Prairie Kids Can Catch (July 6, 2019) PENDING
- County of Newell Kids Can Catch (July 6, 2019)
- Innisfail Kids Can Catch (July 6, 2019)
- Hinton Kids Can Catch (July 6, 2019)
- Saddle Hills County Kids Can Catch (July 6, 2019)
- Coronation Kids Can Catch (July 7, 2019)
- Gibbons Kids Can Catch (July 13, 2019)
- Cochrane Kids Can Catch (June 15, 2019)
- Beaumont Kids Can Catch (June 9, 2019)
- Taber Kids Can Catch (June 8, 2019)
- Fort Saskatchewan Kids Can Catch (June 8, 2019)
- Grimshaw Kids Can Catch (June 8, 2019)
- Slave Lake Kids Can Catch (June 7, 2019)
- Lacombe Kids Can Catch (June 1, 2019)
- Onoway at Mink Lake (March 9, 2019)
- Lesser Slave Lake (February 16, 2019)
- Wabamun Lake (February 16, 2019) CANCELLED
Host a Kids Can Catch event in your community!
Kids Can Catch is a province-wide program in which ACA teams up with community and corporate partners. The events are meant to promote proper care of fish, as well as family fun. ACA has a Tackle Box of tools and resources to help you plan and promote your event. Contact Sheila Campbell at 780-410-1979 or email@example.com for details.
Become an event partner
Interested in helping make Kids Can Catch a success in the communities where you do business? There are many ways to get involved from employee volunteering to sponsorship. Contact Sheila Campbell at 780-410-1979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thank you to Dow Chemical Canada.
“Dow supports the Kids Can Catch Program because it is part of our on-going commitment to sustainability,” said Jess MacDonald, Dow Canada Site Public Affairs Manager. “Two of Dow’s 2025 Sustainability Goals are Valuing Nature and Engaging for Impact in our Communities. Kids Can Catch helps us achieve these goals. Each year Dow employees volunteer at the Fort Saskatchewan and Lacombe events and are proud to be promoting conservation in communities where we all work, live, and play.”
Thank you to Dow and all event organizers, partners, and volunteers for helping kids and their families get out fishing.