Kids Can Catch Wabamun Lake
Looking for a new activity to get outside with your family this winter? Give ice fishing a try at Wabamun Lake Kids Can Catch. With pre-drilled holes, loaner fishing rods, and no fishing licences required on Alberta’s Family Fishing Weekend, there’s never a better opportunity to check it out.
Date: February 15, 2020
Time: 10am – 3pm
Place: Wabamun Lake, at the end of 50th Street in the Village of Wabamun
Step 1: Register online.
Step 2: Read the Frequently Asked Questions at albertakidscancatch.com to help you come prepared for a day on the ice.
Step 3: Park at Waterfront Park located at the end of 50th Street in the Village of Wabamun. Load up your toboggan with folding chairs and snacks and walk to the event site on the ice.
Step 4: Sign in at the Kids Can Catch registration tent. For a quicker check-in, bring a signed copy of the Participant Waiver and Photo Consent form.
Step 5: Borrow an ice fishing rod from the Cabela’s tent on the ice. There are over 350 loaner rods for families to borrow, but if you have your own gear, please bring it.
Step 6: Find a pre-drilled hole and drop a line. Fishing mentors are on the ice with fishing tips and to help you safely catch and release fish.
- Wabamun Lake Kids Can Catch takes place on Alberta’s Family Fishing Weekend, so no fishing licences are required. Fishing regulations still apply.
- Wabamun Lake is catch and release only.
- Free hot dogs and hot chocolate, while supplies last.
- Stay tuned to albertakidscancatch.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for event updates, photos, and stories. Share your photos with us at #kidscancatch and #wabamunlake.
- This event may be cancelled if the temperature dips below -15 or the ice is not thick enough. For ice safety, never walk on ice that is less than 10 cm (4 in.) thick or drive on ice that is less than 30 cm (12 in.) thick.
Village of Wabamun - TransAlta - Cabela's - Walleye Master - Greater Parkland Regional Chamber of Commerce - CN - CN Police Service - Alberta Fish and Wildlife - Servus Credit Union - EqusEvent FAQs