ACA Grants Program
Funded by the province’s hunters and anglers, Alberta Conservation Association's (ACA) grants program annually supports projects that benefit Alberta’s wildlife and fish populations, and the habitat they depend on. As of our 2019/20 grants round, we have received 2,212 grant applications, of which 1,276 projects have been awarded grants. To date, approximately $19.3 million has been granted to conservation-related projects throughout the province.
- ACA Funding Allocation List 2019/20
- ACA Grants Interim Report 2019/20
- ACA Grants Final Report 2019/20
Application deadlines are listed below:
This grant funds hunter, trapper, and angler retention, recruitment, and/or conservation education in Alberta and non-research related activities that conserve, protect, and enhance fish, wildlife, and their habitat.
This grant funds high quality research projects carried out by professional researchers, which inform the effective management of wildlife and fish populations and habitat in Alberta.
This grant is dedicated to graduate students and is administered by the University of Alberta. This grant is supported by Syncrude Canada Ltd.
Which grant should I apply for?
The following questions will assist you in determining the appropriate grant to apply for:
- Are you proposing to do conservation-based research in Alberta?
Yes – go to Question 3
No – go to Question 2
- Is your proposal related to hunter, trapper, or angler retention and recruitment and/or conservation education in Alberta? Or does your proposal contain non-research activities that help conserve, protect, and/or enhance fish, wildlife, and/or habitat for all Albertans to enjoy, value, and use?
Yes – apply to ACA Conservation, Community, and Education Grants
No – your proposal might not be eligible; check with the ACA Grants Administrator if you're not sure
- Is the applicant a graduate student?
Yes – apply to the ACA Grants in Biodiversity
No – all other qualified applicants apply to the ACA Research Grants
For more information or if you experience technical difficulties in downloading forms, please contact:
Amy MacKinven, Grants Project Administrator
Alberta Conservation Association
Toll free: 1-877-722-4323