Don’t miss out on news and updates about the Taber Pheasant Festival. Subscribe to our newsletter today!Sign-Up Today
Festival Presented by
Taber Pheasant Festival
October 16–23, 2021
Welcome to Canada’s largest hunting festival: Taber Pheasant Festival! Since 2011, this week-long festival has celebrated the importance of pheasant hunting as part of Alberta’s hunting heritage.
There is more to the award-winning Taber Pheasant Festival than just hunting pheasants, and everyone who has attended the festival knows that. It's about experiencing a different side of Alberta and bridging the hunting lifestyle. It's about seeing first-hand the importance of habitat, conservation, and partnership. And of course, having a great time!
What's in store?
- No registration fee to hunt in the festival – hunt site draws begin June 1
- 5,100 pheasants
- 40 reserved sites
- Novice Shoot
- Game to Gourmet Culinary Tasting
- Pheasant Sausage-Making Evening
- Scotch Tasting & Wing Night
- Taber Pheasant Festival Celebration Banquet & Silent Auction
- Raffles and door prizes
Thank you for your support in 2020!
We appreciate everyone who supported the 10th Annual Taber Pheasant Festival. It was another very successful festival. It wouldn't be possible without our fabulous landowners, sponsors, volunteers, chefs, hunters, festival supporters, and friends (especially of the four-legged variety)!
Fun Festival Facts
How Big is the Festival?
Glad you asked! Since 2011, approximately 7,175 participants have hunted at the festival. Here are some numbers from 2020:
- 627 pheasant hunters
- 5,100 ring-necked pheasants released across 40 landowner sites
- 80 first-time novice pheasant shooters
- 6 popular raffles
Where are the hunters from?
Festival hunters came from 67 locations across Alberta, and 18 locations across Saskatchewan and British Columbia (5% of regular hunters). The highest number of hunters came from the following locations:
- Calgary (32%)
- Lethbridge (12%)
- Taber (8%)
- Edmonton (7%)
Want to know why we asked your age?
Taber Pheasant Festival is an event for everyone! We asked your age so we could tell you that in 2020:
- The ages of the regular hunters ranged from 10 to over 80, with 51% being at least 50 years old.
- Hunters told us that 36% had more than 25 years of experience and 23% were new to pheasant hunting.