“… I really got to observe the friendliness, patience, organization, and professionalism of all the people attending as well as all the volunteers and mentors that support these kinds of things for newbies like Ty and me.” ...read more
Cabela’s Novice Shoot (October 20-21)Register for the Novice Shoots
- Participants MUST have a WiN card, wildlife certificate, a valid upland game bird licence, as well as a pheasant hunting licence. As this event is happening during regular pheasant hunting season, all normal hunting regulations will apply, including a two-bird limit and leaving one wing on for identification. https://www.albertarelm.com/
- If you are a first-time hunter, to get your licencing you must complete the Alberta Hunter Education Training Course.
- You do not need to own a shotgun to participate. Several sizes of shotguns will be available for use.
- Participants will have an opportunity to shoot at a pheasant and while we strive to ensure everyone takes home at least one bird, there are no guarantees. If you are fortunate enough to harvest a bird, mentors will provide instruction on how to appropriately clean the bird for transport. If it looks like the weather is going to be warm, we recommend that you bring a plastic bag and a small cooler to transport your bird home in.
- At the novice shoot, you will have the opportunity to purchase multiple raffle tickets, 50/50 tickets, and banquet tickets. All proceeds go to help offset the cost of the novice shoot and the festival.
- Prior to the novice shoots, we will send event information such as location as what to bring and what not to bring.