Novice Shoot (October 17 – 18, 2020)
IMPORTANT: Procedure Changes
The Novice Shoots will be split into morning and afternoon sessions. All participants and spectators will be required to wear masks in order to enter into the event area. There will be no lunch provided at the Novice Shoot. Registered participants will be contacted in advance to confirm the details of their shoot.
Should you decide to change your plans to attend the festival, inform us as soon as possible. Please contact Laura Volkman at email@example.com or phone 780-695-3462.
Need to Have:
- If you are a first-time hunter and want to get your licence to hunt in the Novice Shoot, you must first complete the Alberta Conservation and Hunter Education Training Program. Visit AHEIA.com for more information.
- Once your training is complete, participants MUST have the following four items: a WIN card, wildlife certificate, a valid upland game bird licence, plus a pheasant hunting licence. As this event is happening during regular pheasant hunting season, all normal hunting regulations will apply, including a two-bird limit and leaving one wing attached for identification. For more information visit: www.albertarelm.com
Need to Know:
- You do not need to own a shotgun or ammunition to participate. Several sizes of shotguns and all necessary ammunition will be available for use.
- Participants will have an opportunity to shoot at a pheasant and while we strive to ensure everyone takes home at least one bird, there are no guarantees. If you are fortunate enough to harvest a bird, mentors will provide instruction on how to appropriately clean the bird for transport. If it looks like the weather is going to be warm, we recommend that you bring a plastic bag and a small cooler to transport your bird home in.
- There are 50 spots each Novice Shoot day. Once spots are full, registration will close. Please notify us if you can no longer attend so we can offer your spot to another novice hunter.
- Prior to the Novice Shoot, we will email your confirmed date and event information such as location, time to arrive, what to bring, and what not to bring. Please note, our emails could be redirected, check your email’s spam or junk folders regularly for messages from us.