“… I really got to observe the friendliness, patience, organization, and professionalism of all the people attending as well as all the volunteers and mentors that support these kinds of things for newbies like Ty and me.” ...read more
Novice Shoot Sponsors
October 21 & 22, 2023Registration is Full
Need to Know:
- The Novice Shoots will be within the Municipal District of Taber.
- The Novice Shoots will be split into morning and afternoon sessions. Registered participants will be contacted 1-2 weeks in advance to confirm the details of their shoot.
- You do not need to own a shotgun or ammunition to participate. Several sizes of shotguns and all necessary ammunition will be available for use.
- Participants will have an opportunity to shoot at a pheasant and while we strive to ensure everyone takes home at least one bird, there are no guarantees. If you are fortunate enough to harvest a bird, mentors will provide instruction and guide you through the appropriate techniques to clean your bird for transport. If it looks like the weather is going to be warm, we recommend that you bring a plastic bag and a small cooler to transport your bird home in.
- There are 27 morning spots and 27 afternoon spots each Novice Shoot day. Once spots are full, registration will close. Please notify us if you can no longer attend so we can offer your spot to another novice hunter (see cancellation section below).
- 1 to 2 weeks prior to the Novice Shoot, we will email your confirmed date and event information such as location, time to arrive, what to bring, and what not to bring. Please note, our emails could be redirected, check your email’s spam or junk folders regularly for messages from us. When registering, please use an email address you check frequently. We will be contacting you with important information.
Need to Have:
- If you are a first-time hunter and want to get your licence to hunt in the Novice Shoot, you must first complete a hunter education training program. Visit AHEIA.com for more information.
- Once your training is complete, participants MUST have the following four items with them at the Novice Shoot: a WIN card, wildlife certificate, a valid upland game bird licence, plus a pheasant hunting licence. As this event is happening during regular pheasant hunting season, all normal hunting regulations will apply, including a two-bird limit and leaving one wing attached for identification. For more information visit: www.albertarelm.com
- You will be asked to show us your pheasant hunting licence. Please have it available.
Should you decide to change your plans to attend the festival, inform us as soon as possible. Please contact Laura Volkman at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-695-3462