Since 1997, our fisheries work has had two major initiatives: the first, to conserve and improve habitat for native fish populations with a special focus on fish species that are Threatened or At Risk. The second, to ensure that Alberta’s anglers have a wide variety of fishing locations to choose from and a healthy population of fish to try their luck on. We will continue to focus on these two initiatives for many years to come.
2018/19 Active Projects
Please see the projects we are currently working on in our Annual Operating Plan.
- ACA Fish Stocking, New Lakes
- ACA Fish Stocking Pond Rehabilitation
- ACA Fish Stocking Project Evaluation
- ACA Fish Stocking Project
- Methodology for Assessing and Evaluating Waterfall Fish Passage Barriers in Alberta
- Establish/Enhance Walleye Fisheries
- Fisheries Barriers in Native Trout Drainages
- Hasse Lake Fisheries Restoration
- Lake Aeration
- Mountain Whitefish Overwintering Habitat
- New Lake Aeration Development
- North Saskatchewan River Drainage Fish Sustainability Index Data Gaps
- Prussian Carp Distribution in Alberta
- Ram River Bull Trout Assessment
- Upper Oldman River Watershed Angler Survey
- Westslope Cutthroat Trout Population Monitoring in the Upper Oldman River Core Area
- Wapiti River Angler Survey
- Westslope Cutthroat Trout Range Expansion Feasibility
Visit our Fish annual summaries list to learn more about any particular project from any given year.